What is it?
Care workers support people with all aspects of their daily life, including social and physical activities, personal care, mobility and mealtimes. Care workers can work in care homes, people’s own homes or the community, and can support lots of different people including adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, dementia and other mental health conditions.
- Supporting people with social and physical activities
- Booking and accompanying people to appointments
- Helping with personal care such as showering and dressing
- Assisting people with eating and drinking
- Monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking their temperature, pulse, respiration and weight, and possibly helping with medication.
Induction (Care Certificate), Moving and Handling, Basic First Aid, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene
Other specific knowledge training could include learning about:
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Other health conditions
To access details of training providers please click here
Search through a national database of care vacancies here.