What is it?
Activities workers organise social activities for people who need care and support, as well as assisting individuals so they can take part. Activities workers are usually based in care homes or day centres, but you could also work in someone’s home or the community.
- Talking with people about the types of activities they’d like to do
- Organising activities that are tailored to the needs and abilities of individuals, as well as group activities that will bring individuals together
- Booking external suppliers to provide entertainment
- Organising trips out in the local community, considering transport arrangements and accessibility
- Assisting people so they can take part
Induction (Care Certificate)
To access details of training providers please click here.
Search through a national database of care vacancies here.