Are you interested in starting a new career in construction?
We fund free training to find local jobs for people wanting to enter the sector.
With HS2 and our town and city centre regeneration plans together with other major infrastructure projects getting underway, the construction industry is benefiting from billions of pounds worth of public and private investment.
Over the past two years, we have funded employer-based construction training for more than 2,000 people, with over 50 per cent moving into work within weeks of completing the course. The training consists of short pre-employment programmes, normally no longer than four weeks, which introduce the skills required to work on site.
The scheme directly links into employers, with guaranteed job interviews at the end of the course. All courses guarantee a CSCS card as a minimum but can also include specific site and competence cards and tickets for various roles within the sector.
The free training programme is delivered by local colleges and training providers. To qualify, you’ll need to live in the West Midlands Combined Authority area.
We have also set up on-site construction training hubs with major developers. More details are in the press releases below:
- Video celebrates topping out at Birmingham's Tallest Residential Tower
- Local people to benefit from jobs and training in project to transform derelict site in Birmingham City Centre
- Local people to benefit from construction jobs and training at Birmingham City Centre Development
- Jobs and skills for local people at new construction hub in Coventry
- New construction training hub helping unemployed people in Wolverhampton
- New construction hub in Birmingham offers jobs and training to local people
- New hub offers local people construction training and jobs at Perry Barr Residential Scheme
If you’re interested in free construction training, contact your local further education college for more information.
Productivity and Skills press release
First Class Legacy launches latest phase of WMCA’s Street Team programme
New Solihull Youth Hub gives young people access to training and career opportunities
Classic Delorean gets college's new training centre on the road
WMCA celebrates funding over 2,000 apprentices into training
West Midlands Combined Authority and MPCT develop new opportunities for people of West Midlands to begin a career in the armed forces with fast-track introduction to Armed Forces recruiters