West Midlands PPE Suppliers
West Midlands Combined Authority has put out a call for sourcing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to support those establishments that need to protect themselves from contracting the Covid-19 virus. The campaign aims to support organisations employing frontline staff in health and care settings and key workers.
The businesses listed below have all expressed an interest in supplying PPE through the PPE@westmids.org.uk portal and identified themselves as being able to supply one or more of the following categories of medical grade PPE to UK Government standards:
- Disposable nitrile gloves
- Goggles, safety glasses or visors
- Alcohol- based hand gel/sanitiser
- Type IIR Facemasks
- FFP2 Facemasks
- FFP3 Facemasks
- Disposable sleeved aprons/gowns
- Disposable sleeveless aprons/gowns
The following basic checks were undertaken before publishing the details of these companies:
- If the company was registered with UK Companies House
- That the information provided by the business matched the record on Companies House.
- That the key information required was complete
- That the company website was fully operational and made reference to PPE
There were no checks completed on the quality or quantity of the PPE and the WMCA cannot be held responsible for this or the business integrity of those companies on this list. We strongly recommend that organisations procuring PPE from organisations on this list conduct further enquires and quality assurance on the products being procured.
We were humbled by the way in which many individuals and businesses stepped up to do what they can to equip those on the front line of tackling COVID-19 during these incredibly challenging circumstances.
We hope that you find this list useful. Thank you for your interest.