Coronavirus (Covid-19) Support
The coronavirus outbreak is transforming the way we live and work. West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) are working hard to maintain essential services to businesses and residents, and keep our communities safe.
The Mayor of the West Midlands and WMCA are working closely with partners in public health, local and central government, charities and businesses to support everyone throughout this period.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Update
Approximately 1 in 3 people who have coronavirus have no symptoms and could be spreading it without realising it.
The Government have announced a 4-step plan to ease lockdown in England.
- You can meet outdoors either in a group of 6 (from any number of households), or in a group of any size from up to 2 households (each household can include existing support bubbles, if eligible)
- Only socialise indoors with people you live with or who are in your support bubble
- You should continue to minimise the amount that you travel where possible
From 12 April
- Non-essential retail will be able to reopen
- Personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons will be able to reopen
- Public buildings such as libraries and community centres will be able to reopen
- Outdoor hospitality venues will be able to reopen, with table service only
- Most outdoor attractions including zoos, theme parks, and drive-in performances (such as cinemas and concerts) will be able to reopen
- Some smaller outdoor events such as fetes, literary fairs, and fairgrounds will be able to take place
- Indoor leisure, gyms and sports facilities will be able to reopen for individual exercise, or exercise with your household or support bubble
- All childcare and supervised activities will be allowed indoors (as well as outdoors) for all children.
- Weddings, civil partnership ceremonies, wakes and other commemorative events will be able to take place for up to 15 people
- Self-contained accommodation will be able to open for overnight stays in England with your household or support bubble
- Care home residents will be able to nominate two named individuals for regular indoor visits (following a rapid lateral flow test)