Connect and Care continue to deliver support to communities
5 June 2020
Birmingham based network of volunteers linked to Connect and Care having been continuing to support families across the city during the lockdown period.
At the beginning of the lockdown, his Holiness Mahant Swami Maharaj, the current spiritual leader of Bochasanwasi Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) issued a call for all volunteers to act upon their dharma (duty) in this time of need.
The help the group have provided has been varied and includes;
- Telephone calls to vulnerable people and the elderly to offer assistance with shopping and collecting medicine. 125 individuals have been supported so far
- Hosting daily webcasts with partner temples including Neasden Temple in London. Video calling and conferencing has been used for meetings and spiritual assemblies.
- The group have been in regular contact with over 600 families to support their wellbeing
- Lunch pack deliveries to hospitals, hospices and food banks to show appreciation for their service and support those in need
- Medical Video Consultations have been conducted for vulnerable individuals