Walsall Bus Station
New branding is set to give Walsall's St Paul’s Bus Station a facelift.
So far, work completed at St Paul’s includes:
- A new drivers’ rest area in the facilities building
- LED lighting upgrades
- Additional CCTV cameras
- New cycling facilities installed
- Improvements to customer areas, including the removal of walls and the installation of new seating, litter bins and flooring.
Transport for West Midlands is now looking to appoint a contractor to carry out painting and wrapping work for the new station designs.
Over the next few months, TfWM intends to complete the following work:
- Introducing real-time information screens - only two more need to be installed, and this should be done by the end of March.
- Wayfinding throughout the station will be reviewed, along with looking into multi-modal transport information (displaying train times alongside bus timetables).
- Public toilet refurbishment – the toilets are closed at the moment, but will be refurbished and reopened in around three weeks. Signposting is in place to help passengers find alternative facilities.